Updated: March 4, 2019
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use the Platform.
The Platform is directed to individuals in the United States and we do not monitor the Platform for use or access by users from other countries. By downloading, registering with, or using the Platform, you expressly consent to the collection and use of personal information according to the terms and conditions of this Policy and to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Use.
We collect information you provide directly through the Platform. We also collect information through automated means. Both mechanisms are described in more detail below.
Information You Provide
When you download, register with, or use the Platform, we may ask you to provide information, including, but not limited to:
Personal and Demographic Information. We ask for your name and email address when you contact us through our website. When you register for an event, you must provide your name, email address, and access to your phone’s camera. You also must have your mobile device’s location access turned on. When you attend an event, you may be asked to provide us with other Personal Information such as date of birth, race and ethnicity, or gender.
- Other Personal Information. You may be asked to provide other personal information when signing up to participate or when participating in our events, including information related to your event participation and networking goals.
- Transmitted Information. We collect correspondence and other information sent through the Platform.
- Transaction information. The details of transactions you carry out through the Platform.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you download, access, or use our Platform, we automatically collect:
- Website Details. We collect information about the parts of our Platform you use or third-party websites you visit when you leave our website. We work with third parties who collect information about you when you use our App or website.
- App Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including location data, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. When you download our App, we collect information from your mobile device, such as your device ID.
- Other Technical Data. We may collect information about your IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and your device’s telephone number.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer or smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or smartphone. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Platform. Our website does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
- Third-Party Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect and process certain information about you and your use of our Platform. We do not maintain or associate Google Analytics’ data with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. You may learn more about how Google uses the information it collects by visiting the website “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” (located at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
You can choose whether or not to share personal information. If you choose not to share, some parts of our Platform may be more difficult or impossible to use. Your browser may give you the ability to reject cookies or turn off location-based capabilities. If you choose to disable these features, some parts of our Platform may be more difficult or impossible to use. If you do not want us to collect information about you or your device, do not use the Platform and, if the App is installed, uninstall it from your device.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following reasons:
- To provide the Platform and services. We use the information to provide you with the Platform, and any other information or services that you request from us.
- To allow communication between you and other users.
- To respond to your requests or questions. For example, we may use your information to help you access your account if you forget your password.
- To help us improve our products and services. We may use information to customize and improve your experience. For example, we might look at usage trends to make sure our Platform is easy to use.
- For security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, and our Platform.
- To provide updates. For example, we may send you email or push notifications about your account, or changes to our Platform or policies.
- For our legitimate business purposes. We will also use your information to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. We may also use information you provide to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. We may combine information that we receive about you from third parties with information we already have.
- As otherwise permitted by law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify the user, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide in the following ways:
- Other Platform users. We share information you provide with attendees at group events in which you participate. We also provide information you submit through the App to the host of the event you’re attending.
- Service providers. We share information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- Change in corporate ownership. We share information with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as an ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information is among the assets transferred.
- To protect rights and safety. We share information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
- For legal purposes. We share information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- For any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information.
- Otherwise with your consent.
We provide links to third-party websites or applications that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with us on platforms that we do not control. These third-party websites or applications may collect or share information about you, but this Policy does not apply to the practices of those websites and applications. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the websites and applications with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared when you leave our Platform.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Platform who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 120 19th St. N Suite 243, Birmingham, AL 35203.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to secure your personal information and protect it from accidental or unauthorized access, use, alteration, loss, or disclosure. However, no security system is foolproof. We cannot guarantee the privacy of any information transmitted to us and cannot be responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in our Platform. We encourage you to use caution when sharing information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. When we have given you (or when you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. Choose secure passwords and do not share your password with other people.
We store your personal information for as long as needed to conduct business with you, as needed for the purposes outlined in this Policy or at the time of collection, or as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce any agreements.
Use of the Platform by Minors
Our Platform is not intended for minors, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this App or website, or on any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can remove the child’s personal data.
Changes to This Policy
Accessing, Correcting, or Deleting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging in and visiting your account profile page. You can request deletion of your data by contacting us.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.